Award winning product captures the jet of dust that shoots out of the dado while routing—bristles extend above the table to stop dust in its tracks.
If you've ever routed dados on the router table, you know that the conventional dust port doesn't do much good. Since the dado itself encapsulates the router bit, the dust gets shot out of the dado sideways, well out of range of the fence port. Rockler has solved the problem with the Dado Dust Chute, a clever device that attaches to the side of your router table to capture the jet of dust before it ever hits the floor. Adjustable bristles in the Dust Chute can be raised just above the table to stop the dust as it shoots over the edge, but the bristles bend easily out of the way as you slide your workpiece across the table. Once installed, you can leave it in place, since the integral blast gate lets you close it off when not needed, and the bristles can be easily lowered if necessary.
- Captures the dust stream that shoots out of the dado or groove while routing
- Secondary chute catches dust that falls through fence-mounting slots in router table
- Adjustable bristles stop dust as it shoots off the edge of the table
- Bristles also clear debris from the routed groove without interfering with workpiece movement, and retract when not in use
- Built-in blast gate allows you to regulate suction and close off the chute when not needed
- Accepts 2-1/2'' dust hose
- Mounting screws included
- Patent pending
Note: Requires a minimum 3'' table overhang along the installation edge.