Straddles your board to mark a perfectly centered line, or you can use the notches to mark offset lines from 1/16'' to 1/2'' from the edge in 1/16'' increments.
Our Center/Offset Marking Tool straddles your board to mark a perfectly centered line along the face or edge of boards up to 1-1/2'' wide or thick. Just insert your pencil into the center hole, rotate the tool so the guide posts contact the material, then scribe. Alternatively, you can use a pencil in the notches to mark lines from 1/16'' to 1/2'' from the edge in precise 1/16'' increments. It's great for marking out mortises and rabbets, or for making reference lines for drilling holes. The tool accepts standard wooden pencils and has an onboard pencil storage slot. An embedded magnet lets you store it on any ferrous metal surface, such as a power tool, tool chest or magnetic storage strip.
- Fits standard wooden pencils
- Center hole holds pencil in perfectly centered position as you scribe your line
- Notches for offset marking let you scribe off-center lines, or lines near the edge of large panels
- Offset notches account for the tip width of a sharpened pencil for an accurately scribed line
- Integral magnet allows easy storage on ferrous metal surfaces