Stationary machines like hollow chisel mortises and slot mortises occupy a large amount of floor space in your shop, are expensive to purchase, require a lot of setup and maintenance, and force you to bring the material to the tool. Festool has taken the revolutionary concept of the DOMINO joiner and made it larger with the DOMINO XL Joiner. The DOMINO XL offers a more elegant solution to the challenge of large-scale joinery. The amazingly simple to use, fast, and accurate DOMINO XL now complements the capabilities of the original DOMINO DF 500, with a maximum tenon size of about five and a half-Inch in length (140 mm). No job is too big for the DOMINO XL, with an expanded range of thicker and longer tenons you can quickly and precisely join massive slabs, doors and gates, or construct the most durable of tables and beds. With the DOMINO XL, youâ€™ve got a system light and nimble enough for use anywhere in the shop or on the jobsite. When the work piece is too large to come to the machine, this makes all the difference. Precision placement of solid hardwood tenons guarantees not only a perfect fit, but a finished product that will last for generations.
- Unique, patented cutting action that rotates and oscillates to create perfect, clean, and repeatable mortises every time
- Mortise width adjustment with the turn of a dial allows for easier alignment when joining panels
- Indexing pins for quick alignment against the edge of the work piece for accurate placement
- Tenons up to approximately 5-1/2-Inch in length for large scale projects
- Includes optional trim and cross stops for narrow stock and edge joining